Friday, June 6, 2008

The OC #1-May 11-Linworthian Mark.

I don't know that I can leave a mark on Linworth. I've not done anything spectacular and I don't think I can. I do know, however, that Linworth has left and will leave a very huge mark on me. Those of you who knew me freshman year, and actually remember, know how quiet, shy, and anti-social I was. I still am, though not nearly as much. I couldn't talk to anyone. Not even my closest friend. Talking in classes was not an option and when forced to, I cried and shook and practically passed out. I also still do some of that, though definitely not to that extreme. Talking is still awkward for me, but I can hold a conversation reasonably well with some, and I can sometimes talk in class and at least pretend I'm comfortable. I have a job at CVS and that requires lots of conversation. I pull it off as comfortable pretty well, just to make sure they don't feel awkward. It's not so hard, though scary at first. And the pièce de résistance...I'm teaching a class next year. Of all things I could possibly want to do, teaching was...unexpected. But I want to do it, and, hopefully, I can. All of these things, the willing to try something new, the ability to hold a conversation for more than just a few minutes, and the wanting to teach, are all thanks to Linworth and the huge huge impact it has had on me. I may not be able to do much for Linworth, but I will always be thankful for what it has done for me.

No comments: