When we were assigned the book I didn't really think about the name, but now that I've read it makes a lot of sense.
Who knew there was a way to compare STDs and Hush Puppies. I remember the Hush Puppies trend. I was a big collector of the plush toys. There were so many colors and they were so adorable! I wonder if I have any of those lying around somewhere...
I'm quite fond of his examples, things that just came out of no where and became very popular very quickly. Like Pokemon or those disgusting Vera Bradley bags. They are so ugly, why would you want to be caught carrying one? I apologize to anyone who carries one. That's your choice. I, personally, think they are hideous and not at all useful. Pokemon, however, I'm a big fan of. I didn't really know about them when they first started, but over the past few years I've come to like them. Sorry, I'm getting a little off topic.
So far I'm enjoying the book. He has a lot of stats and sources which makes me want to believe him. I like people who can back up what they're saying. I'm looking forward to continuing this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment