I'm actually doing my second OC first and it's about something I find extremely interesting and exciting. Forks, WA is a small town in Washington, obviously, basically in the middle of nowhere. The closest city is Port Angeles nearly an hour away. Forks is one of those small towns with one or two high schools, a small grocery store, maybe a little coffee shop, a gas station or two, and a small library. That's about it. It's always rainy, never lower than 40 degrees, and is close to a number of gorgeous beaches surrounded by cliffs, mountains, and forests. It's probably one of the most adorable towns I've ever seen. I actually hope to go there for one of my walkabouts. While on the topic of walkabouts, I'll tell you about what made me want to post about Forks in the first place. At Forks High School, there's this thing the seniors do called The Senior Culminating Project. It's kind of like walkabout, only not as awesome. The seniors have to go out and do a 45 hour service learning-oriented hands-on project then have to write a reflective paper of 1000 words or more, give a 15 minute formal presentation before a panel of three to five judges, and create a presentation of a visual display for a community exhibition at the high school near the end of each term. They do something that will enhance the community, the school, everyone, they have a mentor, they keep logs and journals. It's pretty much like walkabout. I think it's really cool and, maybe if I go to Forks for my walkabout, I can give them new ideas for it. Maybe their students will be able to do more in the future outside of Forks. You never know.
Senior Project Link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah hey woah isn't that the town in the twilight series? Freaky. I love Oregon too and it is where I wan to go to college...so pretty....
Post a Comment